Chronic Fatigue Treatments
Board index Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

science may have a way to "reprogram amygdala"

General Discussion or Questions concerning Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

science may have a way to "reprogram amygdala"

Postby billoddie » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:40 pm

If any of you have read my posts, you know i have had a good deal of success with the gupta technique. However, the "seed" or the "core" remains. (i must admit my gupta is very stop start and VERY incomplete...new year resolution to do it fully) Check this link http://www.articledashboard.com/Article ... ome/242729 It seems science may be on to a way to PHYSICALLY reset the amygdala, the body's "anxiety switch", via transcranial magnetic stimulation. Thoughts anyone? Will investigate more.
billoddie

Re: science may have a way to "reprogram amygdala"

Postby StarDust » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:37 pm

are these spams? :/
and are you on speed or something? ^_^
StarDust

Postby billoddie » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:06 am

No. And no. Why do you ask such a question? Is it because I took the time to read all the posts relevant to me, and then offer my contributions to them? Did you bother to read any of my replies...there was one to you as well. Why will people bother if they encounter negative and cynical responses to their contributions?
billoddie

Postby StarDust » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:58 pm

I'm sorry lol :P
I just came and saw like 15 posts from same user hehe
It's just that I don't believe in gupta much
StarDust

Postby billoddie » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:27 pm

No prob. Most people doubt gupta. I had just got to the end of my rope. I had tried everything. I figured what was $190? I started doing it as a big sceptic...and found that it really made a difference. Lots are finding this too. It doesnt mean its right for you. BUT, as kenvj said to me when I asked him if he thought it would work for me, he said he didnt know, bit that i would be a fool not to keep an open mind. He was right. Can any of us really afford not to?
billoddie

Postby August59 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:42 pm

I think that the Gupta program, Mike Dessins neurotherapy treatment, Perrin Technigue all do one thing in general and that is calm down the nervous system to start with, then lets the body start detoxing in alot of different ways. Then the body can start healing itself and I'm guessing this is in varying degrees. I certainly haven't heard of a case where any of these made anybody worse!
August59

Postby Chronicfatiguetreatments » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:08 am

I tried it. It didnt help me for CFS, but did make me feel more relaxed and i was sleeping better.
I did it for about 4 months, and stopped about a month ago. I got sick of doing the meditation after a while.
But some people seem to do well with it.
Chronicfatiguetreatments
Site Admin

Return to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome