Chronic Fatigue Treatments
Board index Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Fibromyalgia

Muscle Stiffness

This is the Place to post Questions or Comments about Fibromyalgia

Muscle Stiffness

Postby ben » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:35 pm

I have intense muscle stiffness all the time. I just can't get my muscles to relax. It has made me really inflexible and I'm always uncomfortable. Does anyone else suffer from stiff muscles and has anyone found anything that helps?
ben

Postby Beckyboo » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:22 pm

I have very stiff muscles in the morning or if I sit a long time...over 45 mins. I also have muscle spasms. There are muscle relaxers that you can try, but so far none have helped me without side effects..

Everyone is different, so you might try some of them with success!

Good luck!
Beckyboo

Muscle stiffness and pain - suggestion

Postby honeybear » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:32 am

I just joined the forum and saw this message, which is 2 years old. If you or others are still looking for relief from muscle stiffness, pain, and spasms, try using a supplement called "Tonalin CLA," 1000 mg geltabs. It worked for me! (CLA stands for conjugated linoleic acid and Tonalin is the trademark for the type of CLA.) It's usually in the fitness area of the supplement department/store and is supposed to reduce fat and build lean muscle.

I was desperate to find something to relieve the muscle pain and spasms, and thought it might help the muscles relax by "clearing out" the fat. It seems to be very fact-acting--I get relief within a half hour of taking the first one in the morning. It's available in large grocery stores, some discount and warehouse stores, and supplement shops, and is reasonably priced (around $20 for 90 softgels in the Seattle area).

Hope this helps someone else.
honeybear

Return to Fibromyalgia