Chronic Fatigue Treatments
Board index Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Fibromyalgia

Im having another flare up

This is the Place to post Questions or Comments about Fibromyalgia

Im having another flare up

Postby devin » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:50 pm

Recently ive been having a really bad flare up and i was wondering how long other peoples lasted. I had one that was about 5 months long and anotther one that was about a simliar length of time. I just started having a new flare up am am worried that its gonna be another 5 months of pain. I can pretty much predict what is goning to happen now, but its just hard having to change my plans, to fit around my pain. i need to find something to do around the house,
devin

Postby cfsgirl » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:59 pm

I have alot shorter length of flare ups. I always have pain, but it gets worse for periods of time about 2 weeks or so. They seem to come around very stressful times, usually at the worst possible moments. My family is great about helping me out when i am in pain
cfsgirl

Re: Im having another flare up

Postby fibromom » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:17 pm

devin wrote:Recently ive been having a really bad flare up and i was wondering how long other peoples lasted. I had one that was about 5 months long and anotther one that was about a simliar length of time. I just started having a new flare up am am worried that its gonna be another 5 months of pain. I can pretty much predict what is goning to happen now, but its just hard having to change my plans, to fit around my pain. i need to find something to do around the house,

I was doing pretty decent with my fibromyalgia pain. It was still hurting but was pretty manageable.Then a couple of days ago i woke up feeling nauseous and had serious pain. Ive slept as much of the day away as i could and soaked in the tub for a long time. I cant belive i could have such a major flareup over night. ther isnt a part of my body that isnt hurting. Im totally drugged up right now but its still not even touching the pain. I'm not really sure what i can do. if anyone any some ideas, id really like to hear them
thanks
fibromom

Postby jaykay » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:17 pm

devin wrote:Recently ive been having a really bad flare up and i was wondering how long other peoples lasted. I had one that was about 5 months long and anotther one that was about a simliar length of time. I just started having a new flare up am am worried that its gonna be another 5 months of pain. I can pretty much predict what is goning to happen now, but its just hard having to change my plans, to fit around my pain. i need to find something to do around the house,

For me the least fun part of having fibromyalgia in the pain. I have been taking morphine for a while now and dont really feel safe taking such a powerful drug. Im lucky though that i found a good doctor that literally gave me my life bck. I was in such serious pain i could walk or barely talk. All i could do was lay there and not really communicate with anyone. After i began taking the right does of pain killers i was able to function alot better. Most doctors are scared to perscribe these drugs to people, but for me i dont know what i would do without them
jaykay

Postby hamert » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:30 pm

Have you ever tried magnesium supplements?
This stuff does help. Its cheap and it can take some of the pain away.
Also another thing that i use alot is icepacks, you may already be doing this. But i read that when you cool down an area that is causing you pain it can inhibit the nerves from firing and lessen the pain. Give those 2 things a try and let me know if they help.
take care
hamert

Postby devin » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:35 pm

Thank for the suggestions guys, i havent tried taking the magnesium supplements before, im anxious to try it out. I do use ice packs and heating pads alot. Believe it or not some things that are as simple as that can really help. Im also going to go to the doc to try to get som lyrica. She's been out of the office for the past week but she gets in next week. Im pretty excited to give that a tr. I let you know how it goes
devin

Postby smcarson » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:40 am

I UNDERSTAND EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH. AT THIS MOMENT I AM ALSO HAVING A FLARE UP. MINE IS SO BAD IT IS ATTACKING MY NECK. I GO ON EACH DAY TRYING TO IGNORE THE PAIN BUT IT DOES NOT GO AWAY. I WENT TO THE DOCTOR AND HE GAVE ME SEVELLA. IT WORKED WONDERFUL. I DIDN'T HURT AT ALL. EVEN MY FEET DIDN'T HURT BUT I CAN NOT AFFORD TO BUY THE MEDICATION. SO I AM BACK TO HURTING. SOME SAY THIS IS A FORM OF DEPRESSION BUT I DISAGREE BECAUSE I AM NOT A PERSON THAT WORRY NOR AM I DEPRESSED ABOUT ANYTHING. VERY HAPPY PERSON. MY MOTHER SUFFERS FROM IT AND BOTH OF MY SISTERS. NOW MY DAUGHTER IS BEGINNING TO COMPLAIN AND MY BROTHER. IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM WITH THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS? THERE HAS TO BE A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM.
smcarson

Postby PamelaViktoria » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:57 pm

My good news is as my CF improved, the first symptom to dissappear was Fibro.
PamelaViktoria

Return to Fibromyalgia